The health and wellbeing of our patients is always our top priority. We are closely monitoring the developments related to the coronavirus (COVID 19) and are committed to doing everything we can to ensure the health and safety of our patients and our staff.
It is important that you know we will continue routinely disinfecting all clinics throughout the day in order to provide the cleanest environment for our patients.
In order to do our best to keep everyone safe, we would like to ask you to take a few precautions when coming for your appointment:
1. Limit any additional people accompanying you to your visit.
2. If you are currently coughing, please request a mask to wear.
3. If you are currently experiencing a cough and a fever over 100.4, please call your office before entering the building. We will bring a mask to your car to reduce exposure to other patients.
4. Keep a recommended 6 feet of distance away from other people as often as possible.
Remember, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommends the following precautionary measures and guidelines to help keep everyone safe and healthy:
1. Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds.
2. Use an alcohol-based sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
3. Keep away from others that are sick.
4. Avoid high-touch surfaces in public areas.
5. Avoid touching your face, nose and eyes.
6. Clean and disinfect surfaces in your home and office regularly.
7. Avoid all non-essential travel.
We are committed to continuing to provide high-quality healthcare to our patients, especially in a time when you need us the most.
March 27, 2020
For your health and safety, we have moved to a drive-thru only option at our pharmacies in Eloy and Florence.
We are open and still here to serve you during normal business hours.
March 21, 2020
Effective immediately Sun Life will do a COVID-19 front door screening to assess people prior to entering our buildings to prevent spread of COVID-19 in our communities. Every person will be screened including employees and delivery persons.
Screening will be performed to assess for fever and cough; and travel/exposure to COVID-19.
March 19, 2020
In a continued effort to support national efforts to fight the COVID- 19 pandemic, our organization is continually monitoring ways to assure the health and well-being of our patients, staff and community. In light of recent recommendations by the American Dental Association (ADA), we will be suspend all non-emergency dental care. Patients will only be seen for emergency dental needs.
We will contact our patients as soon as we feel it is safe to reschedule appointments. Of course, please call us right away if you have a dental emergency or need immediate care.
The safety and well-being of our patients continues to be our primary concern. We will continue to monitor the status of COVID-19 nationally and within our community and keep you up-to-date regarding our plans to reopen for business as usual.
We urge you to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. We can be reached by phone at 520-381-0380.
Thank you for your patience and understanding,
Your Sun Life Dental Team
Updates on COVID-19
Centers for Disease Control
How to communicate COVID-19 to children